- 8 large vine tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup tightly packed basil + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling on tomatoes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200c and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place sliced tomatoes on the sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour .Watch closely during the last 15 minutes of roasting.
- Reduce oven heat to 160c and toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup into a food processor and process until finely chopped. You can leave a bit chunky for texture. Remove and set aside.
- With processor turned on, add 2 garlic cloves until finely chopped. Add in the basil and process until finely chopped.
- Add in the oil, optional nutritional yeast, and roasted tomatoes.
- Process until smooth then pulse in the toasted almonds. Season generously.
- Enjoy stirred through your favourite pasta!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!