- 8 large vine tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup tightly packed basil + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling on tomatoes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200c and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Place sliced tomatoes on the sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour .Watch closely during the last 15 minutes of roasting.
Reduce oven heat to 160c and toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup into a food processor and process until finely chopped. You can leave a bit chunky for texture. Remove and set aside.
With processor turned on, add 2 garlic cloves until finely chopped. Add in the basil and process until finely chopped.
Add in the oil, optional nutritional yeast, and roasted tomatoes.
Process until smooth then pulse in the toasted almonds. Season generously.
Enjoy stirred through your favourite pasta!