- 1/2 medium red cabbage finely sliced
- 1/2 medium white cabbage finely sliced
- 2-3 carrots grated
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped
- Handful mixed seeds pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and poppy
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp lemon juice to taste
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the prepared red and white cabbage, carrots and parsley. Set aside.
- Toast the seeds over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they are fragrant and starting to make little popping noises. Pour the toasted seeds into the mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil with 2 tbsp lemon juice. Add the garlic, cumin and salt and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss until all of the ingredients are lightly coated. Taste and add an additional Tbsp of lemon juice if the slaw needs a little more zing. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to marinate for up to several hours.