Sweet Potato Brownies
Adapted from Deliciously Ella. Makes 10 brownies.
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes 600g
- 80 g ground almonds or coconut flour if preferred
- 100 g buckwheat or rice flour
- 14 dates dried or fresh
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 10” square baking dish.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, and steam ~20min until very soft and beginning to fall apart.
- Puree sweet potatoes with dates until smooth and creamy.
- Separately, beat together cocoa, salt and syrup together. Then mix sweet potato mixture in well.
- Place in dish and bake ~20 min, until fork comes out just dry.
- Let sit 10 minutes, remove, and leave ~5 more minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!