- 2 cups pre-cooked lentils
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp each Paprika and Cumin
- ½ tsp each Cayenne Pepper and Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Saffron or 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Teeny bit of fresh minced ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Veg Stock
- 4 tbsp pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Fresh Mint optional
- Precook and rinse lentils. Mix all spices together in a bowl.
- Fry garlic and onion in water for 5-7 minutes till translucent and aromatic and then add carrot, spices and a drop more water, stir and cook for around 3 minutes. Add in your lentils and make sure they are coated in the spice mix. Add tomatoes, tomato puree and hot veg stock.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, the longer the better, keep stirring!
- Add raisins and olives. Leave for a further 10-15 minutes, in the last 5 add some chopped fresh mint if you using. You can add a sprinkle of vegan gravy granules to thicken it up if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper, squeeze lemon over, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!