Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp agave maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight in preparation. (It can also help to chill your mixing bowl before use as well!)
- Turn the can upside down and open. The liquid will have separated and be at the top. Drain this off into another bowl to be used as desired (it can be added to smoothies etc. or simply enjoyed on its own!)
- Scoop out the thick coconut cream from the bottom of the can and add to your mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer) whip until the consistency of whipped cream. Add the vanilla and sweetener and whip again. Taste and add more of each as required.
- Now go dollop lashings of it on your mince pies, Christmas pud or just eat it with a spoon!