Ako's Asian Veg Pickle
- 1 small carrot grated
- Half a cabbage/Chinese leaf lettuce
- Apples diced
- 1 onion sliced
- Cauliflower chopped into florets
- Fresh ginger chopped
- Garlic chopped
- ½ tsp Chilli
- ½ tsp Seaweed
- ½ tsp Peppercorns
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- Rub the vegetables with salt, this will extract the moisture from the vegetables.
- (You will need 3 tablespoons of salt for each 1kg of vegetables.)
- Keep the ‘veg juice’ produced from the vegetables.
- Pack your jar with the veg, spices, seaweed, apples , garlic , ginger and veg juice and tight as you can.
- There must be no oxygen trapped.
- Keep the jars in a shady place in your kitchen on a plate for the first few days.
- Take air out a few times every day.
- After a week, have a taste!!