- 4-6 slices of your favourite bread GF if required
- 1 ripe avocado
- Chilli paste such as sambal oelek
- A handful of radish/ bean sprouts
- ½ lime or lemon
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas about 1 cup dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the spices together with a few pinches of salt in a small bowl.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan on a medium-high heat.
- Pour 2 tbsps of olive oil on the hot pan and wait a few secs for the oil to heat up. Chuck chickpeas into the hot oil. Stir the chickpeas from time to time so that they don’t burn. Sprinkle with mixed spices and stir. Turn the heat off but keep on roasting the chickpeas in the residual heat until evenly coated in spices and fragrant. Taste and add salt if necessary. Stir frequently as ground spices burn really easily and become bitter. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Toast the bread, slice avocado and spread it on the toast. Top with spiced chickpeas and sprouts. Sprinkle with S&P and dot with chilli sauce.