Why not be a little more adventurous with cauliflower, a fine vegetable. Try this one, it's delicious! Goes really well with the coconut and tomato sauce.
- 1 cauliflower grated
- 1 large onion
- 1 squash or pumpkin grated
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 chilli whole
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin turmeric also if desired
- 1 handful fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, slowly adding water so that you can shape the mixture into a ball. Add the gram flour, then the cornflour, keeping it sticky – wetter is better!
- Test by rolling a teaspoon worth of mixture into a ball and fry it in some vegetable oil. Adjust if necessary. Season & serve on a bed of wilted spinach with coconut & tomato sauce (see separately under Coconut & Tomato Sauce).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!