- 1-2 fennel bulbs
- 3 roasted red peppers peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds slightly crushed and toasted
- Lots of fresh fennel fronds coarsely chopped
- 12-18 kalamata olives
- Heat a grill pan over a high heat.
- Slice the fennel very thinly from top to bottom, drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook in the hot pan until golden and slightly caramelised on each side. Arrange on a platter with warm roast pepper slices. Scatter some fennel seeds over the top and toss.
- Sprinkle over the freshly chopped fennel fronds and some black olives.