Cheesey Nooch Popcorn
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoons fine sea salt or more/less to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or enough to thoroughly coat the bottom of the pan
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt to a large food storage container (with a lid). Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Place 3-4 individual kernels in the pan. Once the kernels begin to pop, add in the rest of the kernels so that they form a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover the saucepan with a lid and give it a shake so that the kernels all get coated with the oil.
- When the popcorn kernels start popping, give the pan a good shake every 15 seconds or so to help the un-popped kernels fall to the bottom. (This will also help prevent the popcorn from burning.) Once the popping slows down and there are a few seconds between pops, immediately transfer the popcorn to the prepared food storage container. Place the lid on the container, and give it a good shake for 10 seconds to coat the popcorn.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!