From a Unicorner’s mum. Very nice with a slight aniseed flavour.
- 3 medium leeks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 bag of chervil
- 1 litre veg stock e.g. 4tsp Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon in 1 litre water
- olive oil
- black pepper
- fresh lemon juice optional
- Wash and slice the leeks. Peel and slice the potatoes. Peel and slice the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the sliced onion for a few minutes. Add the leeks and potato and sweat in the pan with a lid on it for a few minutes.
- Chop the chervil roughly, and add it to the pan along with the stock and a few twists of black pepper. Simmer for about 25 minutes. Blend until smooth. A little lemon juice added at the end gives it a lift.
- Fennel or celery could be used in place of all or some of the leeks.
- Celeriac could be used in place of all or some of the potatoes.
- Other soup flavours could be achieved from the same base, by substituting the chervil for sorrel, rocket or watercress.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!