Simple and sweet, this is a soup that has been enjoyed by everyone who has tried it (bar one very choosy boy who is yet to be convinced). In fact, most people ask for a second bowl. The coconut and pumpkin blended together to make a wholesome bowl of seasonal goodness.
- 1 or ½ Pumpkin or squash – depending on its size and the size of your pan peeled and chopped into chunks
- A selection of seasonal veg e.g. a handful of kale a couple of carrots, kohl rabi, chard, parsnips, peeled, chopped etc.
- A tin of coconut milk
- A few handfuls of red lentils rinsed
- Veg stock
- Onions or leeks chopped
- Garlic crushed or chopped optional
- Seasoning as required
- Heat oil in a large pan. Gently heat onion/leek/garlic for 5 – 10 mins.
- Add chopped selection of seasonal veg, sauté for approx 5 mins. Add lentils. Pour in the tin of coconut.
- Add 1 to 2 pints of stock depending on the size of soup. Bring to the boil for 5 –10 mins. Then cook for approx 30 mins (check the veg with a fork to make sure its cooked).
- Eat chunky or blend smooth using a hand held blender (or a bit of both).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!