- 200 g green pea flour
- 40 g chia seeds soaked in 160ml water 15-20min
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 30 g ginger grated
- 15-20 dried or fresh curry leaves chopped/crumbled
- 250 g cooked split green peas or green lentils
- 75 g spinach roughly chopped
- 100 g coconut flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder gluten-free if required
- 1½ tsp salt
- 600 ml coconut or other unsweetened nondairy milk
- 60 ml rapeseed oil
- Small handful sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat tbsp oil in fry pan over medium / high high. Add the mustard seeds. After 10-15 seconds of popping, add curry leaves, grated ginger and garam masala. Cook a few minutes while stirring, should start to brown.
- Pour into bowl with cooked peas and raw spinach and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flours, baking powder and salt. In a jug, whisk together milk, 60ml oil and chia gel. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine. Fold in pea mixture.
- Split between greased muffin tins and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Bake 30-35min until well risen and deep brown. Cool 10-15min and remove to cool completely in rack.