Garlic Chilli Broccoli and Pasta
The simplest combinations are always the best, and the secret is the twice-cooked broccoli. You can even add chickpeas (between the garlic/chilli and broccoli) if you don’t find that abhorrent or serve with veggie sausages. Adapted from The Guardian.
- 1 kg broccoli PSB can work too with some adaptation
- 2 garlic cloves and 1 red chilli finely diced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more to finish
- Salt and black pepper
- 500 g little shells or other pasta
- Split broccoli into medium florets. Cut tough bits of stalk into strips. Steam until tender but still with a bit of a bite (5-10 minutes.)
- Warm olive oil and fry garlic & chilli gently 3-4min. Don’t let it burn!
- Lift broccoli into the frying pan. Raise heat to medium-low and move broccoli around so each piece is well-coated. Add a pinch of salt, and allow broccoli to stew for a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon so it breaks up and takes on an almost creamy aspect.
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta. Once it’s all dente, drain and transfer to the broccoli pan (don’t worry if it’s a bit wet). Mix over a low heat for ~30 seconds.
- Serve with black pepper and a bit more oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!