- 400 g Brussels sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped chipotle chilli flakes
- Glug olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Trim off the base of the sprouts, peeling any rough outer leaves as you go. Chop in half, if they are large you may want to quarter them. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a wide heavy pan or cast iron skillet.
- Fry chilli and garlic first for 30 seconds, then stir in chopped sprouts. Put a lid on the pan so it steams well. Keep lifting the lid and stirring to avoid the garlic or sprouts burning, especially in less heavy pans.
- Ready to serve once the sprouts are cooked through (test with a fork) and golden brown on the outside. Season with salt to your taste.