Lemon and Miso Quinoa Soup
This surprising combination of store-cupboard staples makes a really tasty soup! One member's favourite. Serves 4.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 leek diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh dill
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, leek, carrots along with a dash of salt and saute for approximately 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked, then blend soup smooth.
- Add the quinoa to the soup (at this stage you may wish to add extra broth if the soup is too thick), and simmer on low heat until the quinoa is cooked, around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the miso, tahini and lemon juice until smooth. Once the soup is finished, add to the soup. Stir in nutritional yeast and dill.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!