- 1 cup full-fat nondairy milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk or 1 Tablespoon coconut cream
- ½ inch piece of ginger smashed with the side of a knife's blade
- 5 teaspoons Masala Chai Tea Mix see recipe
- fruit syrup to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat milk, water, coconut milk/cream and ginger in saucepan.
- Bring nearly to a boil, then stir in masala chai mix, syrup and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the chai into mugs or glasses and serve.
For iced chai: Cold drinks usually need more flavour, so add 2 extra tsp of chai mix. Then cool and pour over ice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!