Serves 4, adapted from HFW
- 2-3 heads of spring greens or kale or a Savoy cabbage, cores removed and leaves shredded
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- ½-1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped,
- or 2 good pinches of dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves finely slivered
- 250g pasta such as penne
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- Pinch ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add the chilli and garlic and some salt and pepper, and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas with a pinch of ground cumin and heat through.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, adding the greens to the pan about 3 minutes before the end of cooking. Drain the pasta and greens thoroughly and toss with the onion mixture in the frying pan.
- Check the seasoning, then serve, with extra virgin olive oil for trickling.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!