Radicchio Pasta with Mushrooms and Olives
- 200 g mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g pasta
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ large onion sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ large head radicchio thinly sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan parmesan optional
- Mix together soy sauce, syrup, oil and toss with mushroom. Set 5-10 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet, add the mushrooms and any juices, and cook until crispy and golden. Scoop out the mushrooms and set aside.
- Cook the pasta, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Put the pan with the mushroom juices back on a medium heat and add the vegan butter. Saute onion until soft. Add garlic and radicchio, and cook a few minute to wilt the radiccio.
- Add the pasta, pasta water and balsamic, stirrying to coast.
- Turn off heat, stir through the mushrooms and olives, season and serve topped with vegan parmesan if desired.