Change the fruit depending on the season! You can always mix things up with a handful of porridge oats (in place of some flour), or adding some spices or vanilla essence to the fruit. Adapted from Felicity Cloake at the Guardian.
- 800 g rhubarb in 1" chunks (or other seasonal fruit)
- 0-40 g sugar or syrup depending on the sweetness of the fruit
- 25 g almonds roughly chopped (optional)
- 150 g plain flour
- 75 g ground almonds
- 170 g Vegan Block chilled, grated or diced
- 75 g demerara sugar
- pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 200C. Put fruit in baking dish just big enough to hold it all. Pour over the sugar or syrup and toss together well.
- Put all topping ingredients in a large bowl and rub together until lumpy but well combined. Wet your hands with cold water and briefly mix until you have large clumps of dough. Freeze for 10 minutes or chill for at least 20 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Tip the chilled crumble mix over the fruit, shake the baking dish to level it off, then bake for 30 minutes. Scatter over the almonds, and bake for 10 minutes more, until golden. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!