SEAWEED SESAME CRACKERS
- 3/4 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cut wakame seaweed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2-2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Combine flour, almond meal salt and dried seaweed in a food processor. Pulse until seaweed is finely chopped. Transfer to bowl.
- Stir in sesame seeds. Add water and knead until well combined. Cover the bowl and let sit for 10 minutes or so.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out the dough as thin and even as possible. Remove top baking sheet. If the dough appears to tear apart, put the dough with both parchment papers in the freezer for a few minutes. Afterwards, it will be easier to tear of the top sheet.
- With a knife or cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. Poke each cracker with a fork to prevent puffing. Transfer onto baking sheet (with bottom parchment paper).
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. Break crackers at pre-cut edges.
- Serve immediately or keep in open bowl.