Known as hakka noodles in India, where Chinese cuisine is relished. Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 carrot sliced diagonally
- 2 fresh shiitake mushroom caps sliced (or other)
- 1/2 medium white cabbages shredded
- 1 green bell pepper
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp soys sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp any syrup
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 400 g wheat flour noodles cooked
- All ingredients are approximate, replace the vegetables here with what you have in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic, chillies and onion over a high heat for a minute. Add the carrot, shiitake, cabbage, green pepper, and bean sprouts and stir fry, with the heat on high, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, vinegar, agave syrup, salt & pepper.
- Stir in the noodles and heat through. Garnish with chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!