Sprouts aren’t just for Christmas. Delicious. Or try Sprout Curry.
- 500 g brussels sprouts rinsed, timed & halved
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced thinly root to tip
- 2 tsp grated ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tblsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ - 1 tsp rice or other syrup to taste
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce to taste
- ¼- ½ tsp chilli sauce or flakes to taste
- Dash of black pepper
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside. Adjust for desired sweetness, saltiness and spiciness.
- Steam sprouts for 5 minutes, and set aside to cool on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large pan over high heat. Add onion slices and toss until edges begin to brown, 4-5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and sprouts to the pan and combine. Stir-fry 2 minutes, until sprouts begin to brown.
- Add sauce mixture and combine. Stir-fry for a minute or two (careful not to scorch sauce on the side of the pan). Serve at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!