- 2 red onions 1 thinly sliced, 1 finely chopped
- 2 limes juice of 1 and 1 cut into wedges
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400 g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 corn tortillas
- 140 g radish thinly sliced
- Large handful coriander roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the sliced onion, lime juice and seasoning in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the cumin and fry for 1 min more. Add the tomato purée, chipotle paste and beans, stir, then tip in half a can of water. Simmer for 5 mins, season, then roughly mash to a purée. (You can cook for a few mins more if it is a bit runny, or add a few splashes of water to thin.)
- Meanwhile, brush the tortillas with the remaining oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 mins until crisp. Spread the tortillas with the bean mixture. Mix the radishes and coriander with the pickled onions, then spoon on top. Serve with lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!