- ½ large butternut squash chopped into bite size pieces
- 150 g farro
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- A few handfuls of torn kale stalks removed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the chopped squash onto a roasting tin and drizzle with ½ Tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or so.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large pan and toast the farro for a few minutes. Transfer onto a baking tray and pop into the oven for 5 min.
- Next fry the onions and garlic until translucent. Remove the farro from the oven and add with a ladle of stock. Stir frequently and add more liquid as each ladle is absorbed. When all the stock has been absorbed add the kale and squash and cook through for 5 minutes until the kale has wilted. Season with salt and pepper before serving.