- 100 g cashews soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic and 2 tbsp capers
- 45 ml olive oil
- 170 ml water and 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 70 g cashews and 2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 250 g kale washed and torn or roughly chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp each olive oil and lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 225 g stale bread ideally sourdough in ½” cubes & 60ml olive oil
- Toss bread with 60ml olive oil & pinch salt. Toast at 160C, 30-40min.
- Puree soaked cashews, garlic, capers, ½ tsp pepper and pinch salt. Add 45ml oil in a slow stream, pureeing throughout. Add water (less if desired) and 2 tbsp lemon and blitz again. Taste for seasoning and set aside a few hours so dressing thickens & flavours develop.
- Pulse unsoaked cashews, yeast flakes and a pinch salt until crumbly.
- Massage kale 5min with remaining tbsp. oil and lemon juice, plus a pinch of salt (and a couple tbsp. dressing if you want). It should turn bright green and soften. Mix dressing (if you have some leftover, freeze what is left). Serve sprinkled with yeast flake mixture, croutons and a lemon wedge.