For those who think they don’t like sprouts, and for those who know they do. Or try Soy-Glazed Sprouts.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 large onions chopped
- 5 handfuls Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1 handful fresh coriander chopped
For the sauce:
- 4 medium shallots
- 3 inch piece ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 large tomato chopped or ½ tin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp coriander
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 250 ml water
- Finely mince (blitz if possible) shallots, ginger & garlic. Sautee in 3 tbsp oil over medium heat until lightly brown. Add tomatoes, spices and water, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer 30min, then let rest.
- In a wok or pan, heat 3 tbsp oil on high, then fry chopped onions until lightly brown. Reduce heat to medium, add sprouts, a pinch of salt & then cover to allow the contents to steam in its own juices (~8 mins), adding a splash of tap water if sprouts are a little old or dry. Stir and check for softness, then add sauce. Heat through and add fresh coriander. Cook 1-2 mins then serve; eat with hands or chapattis!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!