Kalettes or flower sprouts are a cross between kale and sprouts. They can be steamed (5-6min), stir-fried (2-3min), or boiled (3-5min). Use in place of cabbage, broccoli, sprouts or any green – e.g. in a roast dinner (or bubble and squeak), pasta dish, Pad Thai, Curried Flower Sprouts, or below.
- 4 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1 inch ginger root grated
- 1 red onion thickly sliced
- 300 g kalettes lightly steamed
- Soy sauce to taste
- Other flavourings of your choice: E.g. 1 Tbsp miso paste, 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar and a drop of syrup
- Handful of toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic, ginger, chilli and red onion for a few minutes. Add the flower sprouts and stir on a high heat for a few seconds. Season with soy sauce and sauce of your choice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with fried tofu and rice for a complete meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!